Playing Compet-n

COMPET-N chit chat
fx
nightmare

Playing Compet-n

Post by fx »

After 11 years (oh yes) of absence I want to play Compet-n again and I found out that I really sucked in year ~2000 ;)
I had the same desire few times in past and I was always stuck with some awful problem.
So, today I've managed to setup DOSbox, VMSound and Doom is working just fine. I use gmouse driver and dms015 with -n option as I was suggested for novert. All this drivers and tools can be found here. So what's the problem? Sometimes I play and mouse stops responding in the middle of demo :grrrrrr: and sometimes it's working ok, then for a second not ok, then ok... and this makes me pretty mad.

Anyway, I'd like to know what do you use for doom today, drivers, mouse config files, dosbox config, etc., because I *really* want to beat some of Radek demos :naughty:
xepop
noob

Re: Playing Compet-n

Post by xepop »

I think pure dosbox installation and novert/dms015 is enough. I don't know about those drivers or anything, so maybe the problem lies there. Can't tell about dosbox config since I'm not on my computer but I don't remember anything other than putting mounts and novert on autoexec. There are some shenanigans on low sound levels for me but not enough to care.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Oh snap, I'll try without mouse driver then :) ty

ps. tried it without mouse driver, and yes it's working now, what a fool am I! Now novert works without a problem. Well, mouse is slow now but this is what I wanted. Hope no problems will arise :programer:
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

In the doom directory, edit DEFAULT.CFG, change

Code: Select all

mouse_sensitivity		xx
with something like

Code: Select all

mouse_sensitivity		60
. This will make the mouse faster.